Returns & RMA Policy
Safety Central™ - America's Safety Store!
Returns & RMA Policy
We offer email only customer support for returns, tracking and order corrections.
Returns must comply to the following requirements below for return acceptance.
We offer a 10 Day Defective Only Return Policy
Canceled orders will incur a 25% cancelation / restocking fee. Shipping charges are non-refundable on returns involving non-defective merchandise.
We do not offer product exchange - Please choose wisely.
1. Returns must be issued a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization). We follow our return policy strictly and do not make exceptions.
1.a The products on this site are sold "as is" without warranties from Safety Central of any kind either express or implied with the exception of a "10 Day Defective Only Return Policy". All information on this Site is subject to change without notice. To the fullest extent possible pursuant to the applicable law, Safety Central DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. IN NO EVENT WILL Safety Central BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Safety Central DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE.
1.b Product Warranties are between manufacturer and purchaser. Shipping is non-refundable under all circumstances, with the exception of orders incorrectly shipped by Safety Central. Customers will be charged additional shipping and handling charges when an incorrect address is provided. All returns will be tested. All authorized returns found to functioning properly are held for 30 days, the customer will be contacted and given the option of reshipping. Please note that processing and shipping fees will apply. After 30 days the item and/or order will be discarded and credit will not be issued. Customers agree that they will abide by the findings of our technical support department. Returns are accepted for shipping errors and defective products only. We make every effort to provide current and accurate product images and descriptions, however manufacturers and distributors constantly update and modify their product models, packaging and color variations. Product specifications, colors and dimensions are approximate and are for guidance only. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to contact us prior to purchasing an item that exact dimensions are needed. Some items ordered will ship in bulk packaging, "no retail packaging" depending on item availability and volume ordered. Assorted colored items that do not offer a color selection will be shipped based on availability. The image displayed for every product might not be the exact picture, packaging, or color. This is used for display purposes only Please ask all questions BEFORE purchasing, and if you have any concerns with your purchase.
2. Customers agree to report directly to Safety Central lost, damage, missing items, missing parts or incorrect order and shipping claims within 48 hours of receiving shipment, as some items are shipped from 3rd parties and these parties to do necessarily inform us in a timely manner. Failure to do so results in the forfeiture of any possible remedy from Safety Central and additional shipping cost will apply to meet timely delivery or replacement of goods. Furthermore, customers are responsible for 100% of the item cost for products returned that have been altered, modified or damaged, other than as reported above within 48 hours of receipt of order. We will notify you of the result of our evaluation (Test) and if unclaimed damage, modification or alteration is found and the item is not restockable, credit will not be issued but we will offer you the option of having the item shipped back to you at your cost. If you do not reply, you agree that we will hold the item for a period of 30 days and then discard the item after that term has expired.
3. There are NO PRODUCT WARRANTIES offered by Safety Central. All product warranty claims are between the customer and manufacturer. Customers agree that these items can only be returned to manufacturers for replacement/repair except in cases of Safety Central shipping the wrong item or shipping damage reported to us within our policy terms. NO EXCEPTIONS. The period for credit and replacement of allowable items is 10 days except as noted.
4. We use the initial RMA request to determine most RMA qualifications. We do not guarantee an item will work for a customer's intended purpose but, that the item will function as advertised.
5. Safety Central does not offer advanced replacement for defective items. Customers must pay for return shipping on all authorized returns. Standard shipping (FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Post) will be credited for items found to be defective and returned complete and unaltered within 10 days of issued RMA. Safety Central does not refund express shipping charges. We do not accept products returned for exchange - Please choose wisely.
6. RMA numbers must be written on the outside of returned packages (not product packaging) or customer will be assessed a 25.00 per item fee.
7. Card-issuing banks may take up to ten business days to post refund credit to your account and based on an individual's billing cycle, you will see the refund on your statement within one to two statement billing cycles, and in some instances a refund check will be issued by us.
8. DECLINED CREDIT CARDS - It is the responsibility of the cardholder to verify that sufficient funds are available for the full amount of the purchase prior to placing an order with us. We may make several attempts to charge a credit card (up to 45 Days) prior to contacting you regarding this issue. All orders will be shipped upon charging and will be shipped as originally specified unless other arrangements have been made. A $5.00 reprocessing fee may be added each time we attempt to charge the credit card.
9. Verification of Charges - It is the responsibility of the customer to keep record of all purchases with Safety Central.
PLEASE NOTE: Credit Card charges will appear on credit card statements as PREPAREDNESS INDUSTRIES, INC.
9a. ORDER COPIES - All orders will be emailed a confirmation email upon order placement. Request for additional order copies will be charged at $5.00 per copy, per order, per fax number, phone verification, email address or street address.
10. Fedex charges a $10.00 fee for shipping address corrections while package is in transit, this fee will be passed on to you. Address corrections are not guaranteed. Reshipping charges may apply. Shipping and/or billing address corrections must be done manually after an order is placed thus, we charge a $5.00 per address correction fee.
11. Due to merchant and bank card service regulations and policies, Federal, State regulations, and Safety Central privacy polices, all inquiries regarding an order or the release of information must be in writing. We can only release this information to the person that originated an order or to Federal and State Agencies as required by law. All requests must be submitted with a copy of driver License, signed and faxed or mailed to us. Please allow up to 5 business days for reply.
12. It is the responsibility of the customer to be available to receive order shipment during UPS and USPS delivery times as stated at fedex.com and USPS.com.
13. Chargebacks & Refused Shipments
In the event you initiate a credit card chargeback outside of our Policies and Terms of Service that results in a debit to our account, you authorize us to recharge the correct amount in addition to a $50.00 Documentation submission Fee (Per Submission) at a later date regardless of the issuing credit card company’s determination. Furthermore, If these charges are declined all supporting documentation will be forwarded to a collection agency. Please note: Uncollected funds will be reported to Experian, Transunion and Equifax respectively. Refused and non-deliverable shipments will be accessed a 25% restocking fee and customer is responsible for all shipping charges incurred.
14. Order confirmations and tracking numbers are provided as a convenience and at times may be delayed, interrupted or deleted at no fault of Safety Central and that non-receipt of an email confirmation or tracking number is not valid grounds for order cancellation or shipment refusal. Please note that we offer email only customer support for returns, tracking and order corrections.
15. In the event that a defective component is discovered within an assembled kit or system we reserve the right to replace said component with an item of equal or greater value.
16. We offer replacements only for defective products. We are sorry for the inconvenience this poses to our customers but due to the nature of our business, our agreements and limitations with our suppliers, the constant changing of product models, various product functionality expectations from customers, and the condition of product packaging received from returned products. We understand there are legitimate extenuating circumstances but it would be unfair to others if we were to offer a refund for an item beyond our defective only return policy.
17. Safety Central is not responsible for service transit times. Transit times are provided by UPS and USPS, exclude weekends and holidays. Delivery times may vary due to peak seasonal demands, weather conditions, disasters and acts and conditions beyond the control of these carriers. Only UPS Next Day Air, UPS 2ND Day Air, offer a guaranteed delivery date. Orders cannot be returned due to customer timing issues and expected delivery dates other than what is stated on our site. Though UPS may post an estimated delivery date, this is their estimated delivery date (which often varies) and not our estimated delivery date which takes into account our many years of experience with delivery times.
18. We operate at a high level of order fulfillment readiness 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Thus, most orders are pulled and packed within minutes of placement. All canceled orders will incur a 25% cancellation fee. Orders cannot be canceled once placed. Once an order is delivered it becomes the customer's responsibility to obtain a Return Authorization Number for defective items within our policy terms.
19. We make every effort to provide current and accurate product images and descriptions, however, manufacturers and distributors constantly update and modify their product models and color variations. Product specifications, colors, and dimensions are approximate and are for guidance only. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to contact us prior to purchasing an item that exact dimensions are needed. Depending on item availability we will ship assorted colored items ordered from product pages that do not offer a color selection. The image displayed for every product might not be the exact picture or color. This is used for display purposes only. While we strive for 100% accuracy we cannot be responsible for image and or minor text inaccuracies, errors or omissions that do not render a product materially different by altering the basic functionality, value and utility.
20. By placing an order with us the customer's agree to have, hire or acquire the knowledge and skill required to follow installation, operational instructions, and procedures for using items purchased such as, devices, appliances, fixtures, accessories including electrical, battery, solar, gas, fuel, air, hand, foot powered devices and appliances. battery installation and removal is the responsibility of the purchaser.
RMA Requests & Authorizations
Returns must be issued a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization).
You agree for documentation and verification purposes and to time stamp RMA request that we require all customers to request an RMA via email. Customer request for RMA's will be honored from the date we receive their email request, regardless of our reply time.
1. Request for RMA must be submitted by email.
2. we reply to most RMA request within 48 business hours.
REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY FOR AN RMA NUMBER
1. Returns accepted for defective items only
2. Product must be intact, undamaged and unaltered
3. RMA number must be requested within 10 days of order delivery
4. Product(s) must be returned within 10 Days of issued RMA
Items returned outside of our policy terms
In the event an unauthorized return is delivered to us outside of our policy terms, you agree that credit will not be issued and that we reserve the right to exercise the option to discard the item after 30 days or return the item to the customer at the customers expense. If the customer refuses delivery or has moved without providing us with the proper shipping address, you agree we will hold the item for a period of 30 days and then discard the item after that term has expired.
It is the responsibility of the customer to request their RMA number for defective products within the return policy period by contacting us by email.
RMA will be issued for number of items specified at time of issuance only and customer agrees items are as described to customer service representative.
Safety Central reserves the right in our sole discretion to determine the final condition, status, of all defective products.
Do not return defective products in bubble or padded envelopes as products are subject to damage and cannot be evaluated properly.
Products determined by our staff to be defective will be replaced free of charge for same item only.
Unauthorized Returns & Refused Shipments
If customer wrongfully refuses to accept non-defective product(s), or returned product(s) without legal excuse or authorization, you will be held liable, as liquidated damages and in lieu of the enforcement of this contract, a sum equal to 100% of the sales price, plus any shipping and handling charges incurred. Safety Central may choose, at its sole discretion, to refuse to accept the unauthorized returns. You will be held liable for any charges associated with sending any unauthorized returned product(s) back to you. Safety Central is not responsible for any loss or damage for unauthorized or refused products. If charges are refused or disputed for unauthorized or non-defective returned products you authorize Safety Central to destroy or discard products after 30 days.
Inspection and Testing
Please note: We reserve the right to charge up to $25.00 per item inspection and testing fee on items returned as defective but found to be functioning properly or as advertised. Buyer assumes responsibility for all shipping charges incurred.
Clothing should be tried and tested for proper fit prior to actual use, as items are non-returnable if not defective.
Perishable Products and Expiration Dates
As a retailer, we acquire our food products directly from the manufacturer with stated expiration dates. These products include items such as freeze-dried food, MRE's, food rations, water rations and survival food tablets. We cannot guarantee that these items will have the full storage term as advertised and indicated from the manufacturer due to the fact that we have to warehouse these items for short periods of time and have them available for immediately order fulfillment.
In the event that you receive an item with less than the stated storage life as advertised, You agree that we do not allow a refund on these items but reserve the right to prorate the amount against the remaining storage life when your order is processed and shipped.
SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
You agree we are not responsible for shipment damage if not notified of damage within 48 hours. Products that have been altered or damaged, whether used or unused when out of the control of Safety Central are considered non-returnable and non-restockable.
Safety Central will refund standard shipping charges (from us to you) and priority postage or Ground UPS shipping charges (from you to us) ONLY when due to defect in merchandise. Returns must be complete with parts, accessories, manuals, etc. Products with defects caused by misuse, abuse, accidents, modifications, negligence, failure to read and adhere to operating instructions, repairs or attempts at repairs, lack of proper routine maintenance and other causes beyond the control of Safety Central are not covered in this policy. Batteries and/or damage caused by faulty or leaking batteries are the responsibility of the purchaser.
SHIPMENT TIMES & DELAYS
You agree that Safety Central is not responsible for service transit time. Transit times are provided by FedEx and USPS, excluding weekends and holidays. Delivery times may vary due to peak seasonal demands, weather conditions, disasters and acts and conditions beyond the control of FedEx.
TIME IN TRANSIT DISCLAIMER
We will not be held responsible for shipment delays and are unable to issue refunds for shipping charges because of delayed shipments due to peak seasonal demand, acts of God, acts or failures of Buyer, acts of civil, military authority, earthquakes, hurricanes, Snowstorms, fires, strikes, floods, epidemics, pandemics, attacks, war, delays in transportation, acts and conditions beyond the control of our freight carriers. other causes beyond Seller's reasonable control, including, without limitation, delays in obtaining or inability to obtain labor, products, necessary credit card authorization, address verification and/or necessary information from buyer to process order. Our responsibility lies in the fulfillment of orders within our facility and readying the packages for UPS and USPS pickup from our facility. Our guarantee to you is that your package will leave our facility within the time specified in our shipping schedule. Please adjust your schedule accordingly.
Shipping Into A Disaster Zone
You agree to assume full responsibility of all charges incurred by Safety Central due to the attempt of shipping items into and within the outer-laying areas of a disaster zone.
You agree that Prior to placing an order that you have reviewed all current shipping information and delays in your area with the Fedex at www.Fedex.com and The U.S. Postal Service at www.USPS.com
Preparedness Industries, Inc.
(dba) Safety Central
PO Box 423
Gardnerville, NV 89410
Ph: 775 783-9610